[Mimedefang] Failures after upgrade to Perl 5.8.5

bob.gray bob at Webintegrations.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 05:16:17 EST 2007

Hi

I am a new user of mimedefang, but have been delighted with it over the
last two months. However, this weekend our Centos 4 servers received a
Perl upgrade to 5.8.5, which caused mimedefang to stop working, indeed
to stop sendmail operating at all.

The maillog showed a couple of errors - "Slave 5 stderr Can't locate
object method seek in File::Temp" and Slave 0 stderr: Can't locate
object method "binmode" via package "IO::File".

I thought I had the first one fixed after meddling with Perl modules.
That got email running again, until I noticed the second problem, which
only causes attachments to fail.

Could anyone advise me on this?