[Mimedefang] Re: md_check_against_smtp_server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 25 15:03:31 EDT 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> Daniel Aquino spake the following on 5/25/2007 6:51 AM:
>> This seems like an easy way to remove the need for me to dip into a
>> ldap server...
>> Has anyone thought/created some type of cache for making this function
>> more practical?
> I found the following from the archives.
>
> --------------------snip--------------------------
>

> 	In case it might be of interest, here's the code we're using
> for caching the results of md_check_against_smtp_sender.

This seems like it would be a great use for memcached:
http://www.danga.com/memcached/
if you have enough traffic to make it worthwhile.  The same for any
other tests that are likely to be repeated often where the results could
be reused.  And it has the advantage of easily letting multiple machines
share the cache.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com