[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri May 11 09:11:43 EDT 2007

Daniel Aquino wrote:

> My point was should I run a local cache for regular dns lookups,
> and another for rbl lookups ?

Only you can tell if you have problems this might help solve. I
*guess* it can help in some cases.

Since the DNSBL queries are kind of unimportant, it might make
sense to use a separate server for those queries. You can usually
use a shorter timeout for DNSBL queries than for other queries.

I don't know if SA can be told to use a separate DNS server for
DNSBL lookups. Actually, I don't know if SA can be told what DNS
servers to use or if it simply uses the systems config.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet