[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:52:28 EDT 2007

> Has this actually happened to you or someone you know, or are you
> just worried that it might happen?

We previously had a SGI server that it's main issue was waiting around
for rbl responses.

> > Would I need a special dns daemon hanging around for doing just this task ?
>
> That depends entirely on you system load and how your existing
> DNS system and network handles it.

Well the dns cache I will install locally will only be used by this
mail filter it self...
My point was should I run a local cache for regular dns lookups,
and another for rbl lookups ?
Or is there no such limitations that would force me to do that?

> >> in some cases, I run local mirrors of the entire RBL.

How much space do you need for a full dns mirror ?