[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed May 9 10:07:50 EDT 2007

>  If spam assassin is really as good as they say...
>  Is rbl lookups even needed...?
>  From what I understand delay from dns replies,
>     makes the system sluggish and viable for DOS attacks correct ?

Admittedly, I am biased as a supporter of both SpamAssassin and RBLs.  But I
have to say that SA's strength lies in the fact that it is a scoring
framework that allows many other tests to be put into the same pool.

And one of the most effective tools for SPAMASSASSIN has been the use of
RBLs for scoring SPAMs.  However, I do NOT support the use of RBLs for
blocking email though times could always change.

Regards,
KAM