[Mimedefang] Truncated connections causing multiple resends onincoming mail

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 4 14:26:16 EDT 2007

David F. Skoll wrote:

> Actually, except for the kernel, it's quite up-to-date.  All the
> important software is installed from upstream sources; I long ago
> gave up on RPM for that.  (When we finally do get around to building
> a new, up-to-date machine, it'll probably be Debian, which is a lot
> easier to keep up-to-date than RH, I think.)

You might want to review this:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/04/18/risk-report-two-years-of-red-hat-enterprise-linux-4/
if you are talking about staying up to date with security-related
updates. I can't find the reference now but I think someone mentioned
that if they repeated the study for RHEL3 there would only be about 2
more critical flaws in its additional 2 year life span.

Note that with CentOS, you get essentially the same thing with free
access to the updates with just a 'yum update' command - with the
tradeoff that they take a few hours longer to become available.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com