[Mimedefang] Cleaning up antivirus integration

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 3 10:16:50 EDT 2007

Damrose, Mark wrote:

>> From: Kevin A. McGrail
>> I don't know about this.  Change is a pain but MD, like most
>> programs,
>> always has some growth vs. existing architecture issues. I'd
>> rather not have
>> a programmer hampered for something this major by having to keep the
>> existing API calls just for that sake.

> It would be pretty easy to do both.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  However, I would want people to do a tiny
bit of work to get the wrappers.  Something like:

       use MIME::Defang::Deprecated;

at the top of your filter to pull in the deprecated API functions.  This
provides the admin with documentation that at some point, he/she should
get around to updating the filter.