[Mimedefang] Cleaning up antivirus integration

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:08:18 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> 1) what AV engines do you actually use with MD?  Some of the AV
>    integration code in mimedefang.pl looks fairly stale, so if a
>    backend is truly obsolete (for example, openantivirus.org) I'd like
>    to remove it.

F-Prot
Bit Defender
clamd
(I'd also like to use AVG)

> 2) what sort of API would you like to see for the restructured code?

I'd like to see the option of defining a minimum number of scanners
that function (so that I don't start bouncing email just because clamd
dies again).

Given the multi-core/multi-processor nature of modern processors it
would also be nice to see the option of running AV scans in parallel
(option, because on busier systems that would probably kill them).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor