[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server and exchange

Dave Helton dave.helton at hughesnt.net
Thu Jun 7 11:05:37 EDT 2007

I'm hoping to get a little insight from the list on correctly setting
up a user check against our exchange server.

MD is setup to do the md_check_against_smtp_server with the following;

if( $relaydomains{$domain} =~ /^smtp:(exchange\.example\.com)/) {
  my ($status,$msg,$code) =  md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
"filter.example.com", $1);
  md_syslog('info',"MD_STATUS = $status, server=$1, msg=$msg, code=$code")
if $debug;

    if ( $code =~ /^250/) {
      md_syslog('info',"MD_STATUS relaydomain=$domain returned $status. mail
in.") if $debug;
      return $status;

The $status is always CONTINUE and $code is always 250.

Currently, I can telnet to the exchange server and at the RCPT FROM
with a bogus address I get a code 250.  I have checked everywhere
I can think of on the exchange server that would allow any address
for the domains on that box.  The exchange server allows any address
to be received, but sends a dsn _after_ receipt.

Am I missing something or is it as broken as I believe.

-Dave

--
Dave Helton, Senior Systems Engineer
Hughes Network Technologies