[Mimedefang] sendmail upgrade

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Thu Jun 7 07:20:59 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:25 +0300, Gennady wrote:

> I already use sendmail 8.10 on solaris with Trend Micro
> antivirus/antispam solution.
> I'm planning to install the MIMEDefang but as I understoand it is
> recommended to use sendmail vrsion 8.14.
> Can I upgrade my current sendmail+Trend Micro and install the
> MIMEDefang without remove or cnange any configuration?

As long as Sendmail is compiled with Milter support and you include the
proper settings in the Sendmail mc file when you create your
configuration then there should be no difference.

The Sendmail that comes with Solaris 10 is compiled to use milters out
of the box, but you still need to make sure you specify MIMEDefang as a
milter in the config file.

If you are running a Solaris that is older than 10, you will almost
certainly have to compile Sendmail yourself and make sure you get the
proper settings included.