[Mimedefang] IMAP (was: Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jan 23 19:05:21 EST 2007

--On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:36 PM -0900 Matthew Schumacher
<matt.s at aptalaska.net> wrote:

> This doesn't work because most of the people using the mail system use
> POP3.  I would love for people to ditch pop3, but due to poor support
> for IMAP in "widely-used-but-marginal" (as David puts it) clients make
> IMAP pretty lame.

Mulberry recently went free, and will go open-source soon. (The author is
cleaning up the build before releasing it.) It has only primitive support
for HTML email and doesn't display images or other non-text content (this
of course can also be viewed as a feature), but it's the best IMAP client
available. Configuration is complex, but I particularly like the
inheritance model of configuration it uses, where subfolders default to a
parent folder's configuration, and accounts and identities can inherit
configuration from other objects of the same type.

<http://www.mulberrymail.com/>