[Mimedefang] Re: Spam through trusted mx relay

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:13:45 EST 2007

HI.
> From: "David Koski" <dkoski at umich.edu>
> Subject: [Mimedefang] Spam through trusted mx relay
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts if there is a better way to deal
> with spam through a trusted mx and forwarded to my local mail server.

Please read:
man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
and search for:
trusted_networks
internal_networks

You should set them in your sa-mimedefang.cf file,
and thus spamassassin running on your MD server will better know how to
handle email from the upstream servers.
It would do better job by searching RBL against the ip address of the
originating smtp client,
instead of the ip of your upstream mail server.

Take a look here:
[Mimedefang] md is not the first relay:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-December/031437.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-December/031399.html
Thanks to /Jan-Pieter Cornet /who gave me this tip.

Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org