[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's that insist on a copy of Spam

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Jan 29 13:56:48 EST 2007

I'm dealing with a lot of idiot ISP's that seem to think that
it's my responsibility to keep logging on their customers'
activity.

Simply saying, "One of your customers tried to spam me,
but I rejected it... here are the logs" isn't enough.  They
insist that I give them a copy of the message (since they're
the ones needing the message, you'd think they would
collect that data themselves... idiots.  And I don't care if
it means snooping their clients' email and invading their
privacy... that's their problem, not mine).

So I try to explain to them that there's really no good reason
why I should disable my highly efficient spam filters just to
make their jobs easier... at which point they reply, "Well, the
message might not have originated with us..."

And I'm thinking, "Then what the hell are they doing
operating an open relay?!?!?"

You can see what I'm up against...

So I'd like to still make the remote end think that the message
was rejected (on the unlikely possibility that this will cause
them to delete this address from their database and go away
permanently... probably just a pipe-dream...)... but at the same
time, move the message into another mailbox where I can
then forward it (along with a complaint) to the appropriate
ISP.

Has anyone got the changes to do this?

I suppose I'll have to create a new mailbox in Cyrus for that
too...  (scratching head, trying to remember how to do that...)

Thanks,

-Philip