[Mimedefang] IMAP (was: Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.)

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 24 05:04:27 EST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 04:05:21PM -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:36 PM -0900 Matthew Schumacher
> <matt.s at aptalaska.net> wrote:
>
> >This doesn't work because most of the people using the mail system use
> >POP3.  I would love for people to ditch pop3, but due to poor support
> >for IMAP in "widely-used-but-marginal" (as David puts it) clients make
> >IMAP pretty lame.
>
> Mulberry recently went free, and will go open-source soon. (The author is

That's not the point, I think. Thunderbird and Evolution are already
open source, and free, and pretty decent IMAP email clients (but thanks
for the hint, I like having different mail clients to test with).

Users actually need to _do_ something to switch to imap, and rethink
the way they store and view email. And last I heard Eudora and
Outlook Express still didn't support imap anyway...

Hell, if we could just teach users not to be stupid the entire spam
problem would vanish overnight too...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!