[Mimedefang] Re: compare mimedefang to mailscanner

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Jan 18 09:14:04 EST 2007

Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote on 01/17/2007 06:25:29 PM:

> Which is why the scanner should run as a milter so it can inform the MTA
> what to do at the appropriate time.

Does anyone know of other commercial spam filters besides CanIt that are
milter based or at least operate during the SMTP conversation.  When I
selected CanIt 3 years ago, it was the only one I came across that
operated in this manner.  Everthing else I looked at closed the connection
and then scanned the message.  I liked the milter approach, which made the
selection a simple choice.