[Mimedefang] Re: compare mimedefang to mailscanner

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Jan 16 15:58:36 EST 2007

John Rudd <john at rudd.cc> wrote on 01/16/2007 03:10:29 PM:

> But the other side of that coin is: if you need that kind of
> hand-holding, you might be better off paying for canit-pro.  It uses
> MIMEDefang at its core (right? I didn't misinterpret that?), and wraps
> around that a support/etc. package.  I'm willing to bet that it ends up
> doing a lot of that kind of "softened learning curve" stuff for you.

Yes, CanIt uses MIMEDefang as it's core, wrapped with a web GUI and a
database backend for clustering.  I'm using CanIt Pro to filter email for
71 school districts in Western NY with great success.  I have had very few
problems, and Roaring Penguin provides great support.  I did set up a
MIMEDefang box before investigating CanIt Pro and liked the way it works
(see previous messages about milter operation).  CanIt Pro has also proved
to be very cost effective for our organization in addition to doing a
great job filtering mail.

Disclaimer:  This has been an unsolicited testimonial from a satisfied
user.

Even though I use CanIt, I read the MD list because I find it fascinating,
and I learn a lot, but I don't touch any of the code samples, even though
I could since CanIt comes with full source code.

--
William Brown
Web Development & Messaging Services