[Mimedefang] accept() returned invalid socket (Numerical resultoutof range), try again

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Jan 13 07:53:39 EST 2007

Robert Jackson wrote:

> Not sure where I would make the changes from call() to select(), but I
> did recompile sendmail with in increased number of FD_SETSIZE.  Chanaged
> from 256 to 512.  Didn't really help.

Of course that won't help!  You need to recompile libmilter and
MIMEDefang.  Besides, on most systems, you can't just change
FD_SETSIZE and recompile.  You may also need to recompile the kernel.

What OS are you on?  On most modern UNIXes, FD_SETSIZE is at least
1024.

> Right now there 3 servers in the pool, and I have to keep the connection
> limit to 325 or less.  Even if each is up to 500, they get maxed out.

See the timeout discussion -- maybe you have a lot of idle sendmails
hanging around unnecessarily.