[Mimedefang] Rerouting spam (and getting evidence for ISPs)

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Fri Feb 16 15:57:14 EST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:03:04PM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Ok, so assuming I'm caving into ISP's that need me to furnish
> them with forensics (thank God my police department doesn't
> requirement to furnish mugshots, finger prints, DNA samples,
> etc)...
>
> Inside the "stock" mimedefang-filter, if I wanted to take
> the existing message, flatten it as text into the body of a
> new message, add new To, From, and Subject lines, then
> route that message into a set mail alias (like spamadmin, etc)
> without running the message through filtering again...
> does anyone have a working example or pseudo-code to
> point at?

In mimedefang-filter you can call action_quarantine_entire_message();
for all messages, even non-spam/non-virus ones, to save archival copies
of everything to disk files.  I'd think this would be easier than
trying to re-mail copies of everything.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)