[Mimedefang] Rerouting spam (and getting evidence for ISPs)

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Feb 16 15:03:04 EST 2007

Ok, so assuming I'm caving into ISP's that need me to furnish
them with forensics (thank God my police department doesn't
requirement to furnish mugshots, finger prints, DNA samples,
etc)...

Inside the "stock" mimedefang-filter, if I wanted to take
the existing message, flatten it as text into the body of a
new message, add new To, From, and Subject lines, then
route that message into a set mail alias (like spamadmin, etc)
without running the message through filtering again...
does anyone have a working example or pseudo-code to
point at?

Thanks,

-Philip