[Mimedefang] Callback for "DATA"?

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 6 03:12:49 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 10:40:59PM -0500, Jeff Rife wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there is no callback for the "DATA" command.
>
> "filter_relay" gets called upon TCP connection.
> "filter_helo" gets called after the HELO/EHLO from the client.
> "filter_sender" gets called after "MAIL From:".
> "filter_recipient" gets called after each "RCPT To:".
> "filter_begin" gets called right after the "." that terminates the
> data,
> and "filter", "filter_multipart", and "filter_end" get called in
> succession after that.
>
> In order for greylisting to work with sender callback systems, I need
> to tempfail *not* in "filter_recipient", but afterwards.  I'd like to
> avoid the overhead of having the data sent, but I don't see any way to
> do this with the current MIMEDefang structure.
>
> >From looking at the libmilter documentation, this seems to be not
> implemented at all by the milter interface, so I'm SOL.  Correct?

Not entirely. It isn't supported in the current milter interface,
but it is in sendmail 8.14. See:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2007-February/031932.html

The MIMEDefang interface to that API isn't available yet, though, see:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2007-February/031946.html

But hey, it's open source, I'm sure patches are welcome :)

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!