[Mimedefang] Mimedefang bayes problem

Pierre Forget pierre at pierreforget.com
Sat Feb 3 00:26:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I am resending this messaeg. It didn't seem to go the first time.

I already had two servers configured the same way with Mimedefang and
BAYES is working
with those two servers.

I have a third one, which I think is a similar setup, but I can't make
BAYES to work.

If I use sa-learn to learn ham or spam, I see the result with sa-learn
--dump magic. 3483
spam and 207 ham. Which is fine. But I never see a BAYES in the SPam scores.

BAYES files are in /root/.spamassassin. Spamassassin is used with
Mimedefang server wide.

Here is the sa-mimedefang.cf file:

required_hits   4.5
use_auto_whitelist      0
ok_locales              en
rewrite_subject 0
use_terse_report 0
skip_rbl_checks 0
use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules      1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_path /root/.spamassassin

use_dcc 1
dcc_path /bin/dccproc

software versions:

sendmail.8.13.7
mimedefang-2.57
SpamAssassin-3.1.4

I chmod 666 and chown defang the bayex.mutex, bayes_toks and bayes_seen.

Is Mimedefang using the same default directory for BAYES than sa-learn?

If I make a test directly with spamassassin:

spamassassin -t -D </var/spool/mhome/pierre.forget.st-donat/test

I get:

  pts rule name              description
  1.1 EXTRA_MPART_TYPE       Header has extraneous Content-type:...type= entry
  3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]

Meaning here tha Bayes is functional with Spamassassin.

I have been searching for a few days, but I am out od ideas...

Thanks,

Pierre Forget