[Mimedefang] MD-Quarantine and received by headers

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sat Feb 3 09:04:30 EST 2007

HI.

Currently I'm using a spamdrop mailbox for probable spam,
and I'm testing the alternative of using
"action_quarantine_entire_message" instead.

One thing that I found, is that all the "received by" headers are
stripped out and not stored in the quarantine directory.
But I would like to have that information for diagnostics.
This is different from messages that are kept in spamdrop, where I can
review that info.

I understand that this is by design, and that if I later un-quarantine
the message,
the original "received by" information is irrelevant.

So, I would like to ask:
Can/How this information be stored in the quarantine as well, for
example in an additional file?

Thanks
Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org