[Mimedefang] Re: On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

Cam bcp1 at craqed.com
Thu Feb 1 11:27:09 EST 2007

On Wed, January 31, 2007 16:03, John Rudd wrote:

> Personally, I'm not afraid of tempfailing.  Temporary delivery problems
> are what 4xx codes are for.

Tempfailing is also useful for whipping on known spamsites.  I never
outright blocked them, but would instead consistantly reject 99% of
messages (all except destined for abuse/root/postmaster/etc at our sites)
from historically nasty spam hosts with a 471.  that way if it was a legit
site, they would eventually contact me due to queue size.

i konw it was a nasty thing to do, but why let them use *my* diskspace
when they have a problem they need to deal with...