[Mimedefang] Re: proposing a patch for URL listing in boilerplate

Vieri Di Paola vieridipaola at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 12:54:06 EST 2007

--- Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> --On Monday, December 24, 2007 10:53 PM +0200 Yizhar
> Hurwitz
> <yizhar at mail.com> wrote:
>
> > Regarding the question about
> action_replace_with_url,
> > see below how I do it - creating html clickable
> links inside the text
>
> Why does it need to be HTML? Most GUI email clients
> recognize URLs in
> text/plain and will allow one to click on them to
> launch a browser.

I found one case where the urls in the boilerplate
were not "clickable". When sending from an Outlook
2003 client in text mode and receiving in an Outlook
Express (v6 I think). The url list was in plain text,
unclickable. If I added a warning message with a
custom replace_with_warning (in the customized
replace_with_url) with mime type plain/html then it
did display an inline clickable link.