[Mimedefang] Re: proposing a patch for URL listing in boilerplate

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 26 00:40:19 EST 2007

--On Monday, December 24, 2007 10:53 PM +0200 Yizhar Hurwitz
<yizhar at mail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the question about action_replace_with_url,
> see below how I do it - creating html clickable links inside the text

Why does it need to be HTML? Most GUI email clients recognize URLs in
text/plain and will allow one to click on them to launch a browser.

If the URL is longer than a line or contains odd characters, wrap it with
<>. (Although I've seen Yahoo's web client treat the trailing ">" as part
of the URL. Since I discovered that I discourage my forum users from
registering with a Yahoo address, as they can't just click our registration
confirmation link.)