[Mimedefang] include directive in sa-mimedefang.cf

Adam Lanier adam at krusty.madoff.com
Wed Dec 5 12:31:07 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 11:56 -0500, Jeff Rife wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2007 at 9:51, Stephen Loeckle wrote:
>
> > Will sa-mimedefang.cf accept an include directive for an external
> > whitelist/blacklist? I'm thinking of this so I can have a file that
> > someone can modify without changing some options I want left alone in
> > in sa-mimedefang.cf. Any ideas?
>
> You can put anything in sa-mimedefang.cf that your version of
> SpamAssassin supports.  Anything that is based on the executing user
> will of course be restricted to whatever user you run MD as.  So, the
> include file must be readable by that user.

There's no need for an 'include' directive.  Simply create a new file
with a .cf extension in your local SA rules directory and give the
person rights to that file.  They can put whatever white/black list
items they want there.

Alternatively, if this is solely for their benefit, they can put their
white/black list data in their user_prefs file in their ~/.spamassassin
directory.