[Mimedefang] Re: Debugging signal 14 - slave dying unexpectedly

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Mon Aug 13 22:28:02 EDT 2007

On 13 Aug 2007 at 10:45, Matt Smith wrote:

> I've search my SpamAssassin rules dirs (all that I could find) for
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout, but couldn't find any.  Is this the right
> track to be chasing, or am I missing something else?
> The man page for the timeout stuff seems that the above would be
> correct, however, if I cannot see any calls to the SA::timeout module,
> then it isn't being used, correct?

The network code (SPF, DNSBL, DomainKeys, etc.) all uses
Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout.  Disabling it really cut down the issue
for me.

To be honest, though, my only complete solution was just to disable
embedded Perl.  That solved it for SA.  I still sometimes see it from
the DBD::mysql code, though.

--
Jeff Rife |