[Mimedefang] Modifying Headers Before Milter Does

Roberto Ullfig rullfig at uic.edu
Tue Aug 7 09:12:18 EDT 2007

/
> By activating the "Reply"-functionality???

I had mail delivery turned off. I thought I could exclude an e-mail client entirely like on yahoo or google
and just work from the archive.

> I'm wondering what you are trying to do. I you want spamassassin to
> do smart things based on the combination of the X-ClamAV header and
> other properties of the message then you'll need to pass the
> X-ClamAV header to spamassassin.
> But if you only want spamassassin to add a score solely based on the
> X-ClamAV header -and that is what I read in the qoute above- then
> your approach is needlessly complicated. Why don't you adjust the
> score directly in MimeDefang after spamassassin returns?

It seems much cleaner to me to keep all the spam scoring in spamassassin then to spread it out between two applications.
Also, we have our own real time black hole software that works in conjuction with spamassassin. That would need to be
rewritten if mimedefang manipulates the score.

Roberto Ullfig - rullfig at uic.edu