[Mimedefang] What is the best/fastest/easiest way to use greylisting?

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Wed Aug 1 11:18:21 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

Having just gone through the same exercise over the last couple of
weeks, I ended up using milter-greylist, available from
http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/. It's incredibly simple to setup,
and doesn't seem to impede performance at all, in fact I would that it
has helped in a lot of ways, as it reduced the amount of mail entering
mimedefang/spamassassin.  've got it as the first milter within
Sendmail, with the mimedefang milter straight after. It's spread across
three servers, all of which share their data with each other. This,
together with the addition of the SaneSecurity signatures for ClamAV,
has made a huge difference to the amount of spam now entering our mailboxes.

Cheers,

Richard