[Mimedefang] Memory Limit Variables?

Stephen Loeckle sloeckle at lucidnetworks.net
Wed Apr 11 16:06:31 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have a server with 3gb ram in which sendmail and mimedefang are
limited to 50 child spawns. This isn't quite enough for my
environment. If I raise this to 75 my box runs out of ram with
mimedefang spawns taking considerable amounts of ram. I've seen
numerous posts concerning this but I searched my archive (10000 msgs)
and cannot find any reference to the MX_MAX_RSS and MX_MAX_AS
variables which are commented out in Deb Sarge. Should I enable these
to limit memory utilization so I can allow 100 or 200 sendmail and
mimedefang processes? If so what should I set these to if I only have
mimedefang scan attachments of 100k? If not, what is a better method
of taking better advantage of 3gb of ram?

Thanks,

Stephen