[Mimedefang] Re: Disclaimers

Graham Murray gmurray at webwayone.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 05:14:00 EDT 2007

Matt <matt at beyondzero.net> writes:

> IOW, I understand the objection as the legalese footers are
> *irritating*, but as long as the disclaimer uses the qualifier
> "unauthorized", we (list members, you as list admin, anyone browsing
> the archives, etc.) aren't being compeled or not compeled to do
> anything, as we are authorized.

The thing I do not like about them is that they put a blanket claim
that the content of the mail is confidential etc, even when it is
blatantly obvious that it is not. Claims of confidentially etc should
be restricted to those emails which are actually confidential. Putting
it on all emails is rather like a government marking all documents as
'Top Secret' irrespective of their content.