[Mimedefang] Re: Inline attachments

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Sat Sep 30 13:36:42 EDT 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, mimedefang-request at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote:

> From: "Paul Murphy" <Paul.Murphy at ArgentaDiscovery.com>
>
> I'm forced to use a braindead mail system (Novell Groupwise) which
> appears to be having problems handling multiple inline attachments.  An
> example is attached.
>
> I've enabled the filter option:
>    $Stupidity{"NoMultipleInlines"} = 1;

    I've implemented and managed a number of GroupWise systems over the
past 10 years, and I've not seen this issue in *modern* GroupWise. You
didn't specify the VERSION of GroupWise, so I'll assume you have GroupWise
v7.0.1, the latest.

    While the GroupWise Internet Agent (GWIA) has some definite problems
adhering to some of the RFCs, those affect what it *sends* more than what
it receives. I've fronted GWIA with a sendmail/MD combination and never
seen an issue handling multiple inlines like you say.

    I suspect that either you have a really old version of GroupWise, or
you the real problem is the software generating the E-Mails you're
modifying.

Dirk