[Mimedefang] Rejecting forged senders - comments?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Sep 20 11:12:16 EDT 2006

Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:
> In the end, I just do what I think is right, carefully reading the RFCs
> and my logfiles, but taking neither as gospel.

Indeed.  Local policy trumps anything else.

If I decide, for whatever reason, to only accept mail from systems whose
IP contains a 3, that's my right as sysadmin.  I wouldn't do something
like this on a business system, or ISP mail system, but for a private
server I'm free to accept or reject whatever traffic I like based on
whatever criteria I like.

-kgd