[Mimedefang] Problems Installing Mail::Audit perl module

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:12:52 EDT 2006

HI.

I am installing a new server following the MIMEDefang howto.

http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/#s5

OS = Fedora Core 6 test3 (this is a test server, clean and minimal install).

Perl version 5.8.8

I had similar problems when I installed it on other redhat based systems
(RHEL4, FC4, FC5),

and as far as I remember I did "force install Mail::Audit" eventually.

I would like to understand and solve this problem now.

I did try to send email to "simon at cpan.org" (maintainer of
Mail::Audit) but got an NDR back.

I did not try yet to manually install it without using "cpan".

I did successfully install other perl modules needed for MD as mentioned
in the HOWTO.

Here is the output of the command "cpan Mail::Audit".

Manifying blib/man3/Mail::Audit::PGP.3pm
  /usr/bin/make  -- OK
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0,
'inc', 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/basic............NOK 8
#   Failed test 'after accept without dest, emergency is maildir'
#   in t/basic.t at line 70.
t/basic............ok 9/10# Looks like you failed 1 test of 10.
t/basic............dubious
        Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
DIED. FAILED test 8
        Failed 1/10 tests, 90.00% okay
t/custom-accept....ok
t/dan-root.........ok
t/exit.............ok
t/ignore...........ok
t/is_mime..........ok
t/pod-coverage.....skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod::Coverage 1.08 required for testing POD
coverage
t/pod..............skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod 1.00 required for testing POD
t/reject...........ok
t/shorthand........ok
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/basic.t      1   256    10    1  10.00%  8
2 tests skipped.
Failed 1/10 test scripts, 90.00% okay. 1/48 subtests failed, 97.92% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

My questions are:

Can you help me install it properly?

Should I use "force install"? Is it safe to use it?

Is this module really needed by MIMEDefang?

Thanks

Yizhar Hurwitz

http://yizhar.mvps.org