[Mimedefang] Spamassassin rules

Dan Massey dan at gconnect.net
Thu Oct 19 17:21:50 EDT 2006

Hi List

I'm using Mimedefang with spamassassin, and have writtem some rules in a
*.cf file. When I test the rules with spamassassin, they work, but I cannot
get them to work in the Mimedefang setup.

Currently the file is in /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/ directory, along with
the rule sets from spamass_rules:

ls /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin
70_sare_adult.cf                70_sare_oem.cf
72_sare_bml_post25x.cf          gconnect_rules.cf
v310.pre.sample
70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf     70_sare_random.cf
72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf   init.pre                        v312.pre
70_sare_evilnum0.cf             70_sare_specific.cf
99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf        init.pre.sample
v312.pre.sample
70_sare_genlsubj0.cf            70_sare_spoof.cf                RulesDuJour
local.cf.sample                 weeds.cf
70_sare_header0.cf              70_sare_stocks.cf               backhair.cf
random.cf
70_sare_html0.cf                70_sare_unsub.cf
bogus-virus-warnings.cf         sa-update-keys
70_sare_obfu0.cf                70_sare_uri0.cf
chickenpox.cf                   v310.pre

I see losts of refs to sare and chickenpox in my log files, but not of my
own rules. I assume that I have made a simple 'schoolboy' error, which I
expect is something to do with the location of the file. Any pointers would
be appreciated greatly

Dan