[Mimedefang] mimedefang 2.58 - md-mx-ctrl lost

Albert E. Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Wed Nov 22 11:40:33 EST 2006

I was performing an upgrade on 2.51. to 2.58.

Today I have restarted the mimedefang filter only to be greeted with the
following:

 md-mx-ctrl status
ERROR MXCommand: connect: No such file or directory: Is multiplexor running?

Hmmm, what did I miss?

Also, how strict are the version numbers for mimedefang?  I got the
following rpms installed last night, and question whether this is an issue.
perl-Net-IP-1.23-1mdk.noarch.rpm
perl-Net-DNS-0.52-1mdk.i586.rpm
perl-Net-CIDR-Lite-0.18-1mdk.noarch.rpm
perl-IP-Country-2.20-1mdk.noarch.rpm
perl-Geography-Countries-1.4-2mdk.noarch.rpm
perl-Mail-SPF-Query-1.997-2mdk.noarch.rpm

Any suggestions?

I am perplexed.

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant