[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

Wilco md.list at tuskor.net
Wed May 10 20:44:55 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Another thought: how do the different registries react to null MX's?

For example: during the registration process IDNL (the Dutch .nl
registry) will check for valid MX's; if these don't exist an error
message is generated. (it will generate a warning for an MX is outside
the domain)

(I still try to conform to each domain having at least one reachable
(human) postmaster address. If I really have to disable a domain
therefore I use virtuser/access to drop any attempts to addresses other
than postmaster/abuse. All postmaster addresses will get filtered at a
later stage to protect the humans.)

Wilco