[Mimedefang] Multiplexor dies, leaving its slaves clueless behind...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed May 3 12:37:01 EDT 2006

Larry Starr wrote:

> Signal 11 (Segfault) is nearly always a Program bug (Accessing
> memory that is not allocated to the current process, frequently
> address zero, usually related to a pointer being used that has not
> been set correctly).  It is, nearly, impossible that it points to a
> hardware (memory, overclocking, etc.)  problem.

While the most likely cause of a segfault is a software bug, hardware
problems can and do cause segfaults.  See for example
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

If you're talking about MIMEDefang, my money's on a hardware problem or
a bug in a system library, of course! :-)

(But let's get the core file just in case...)