[Mimedefang] Tweaking Sendmail's HELO

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Mar 7 01:59:02 EST 2006

Philip Prindeville wrote:

>Anyone familiar enough with the srvrsmtp.c code to recommend a
>patch that would allow immediate failure of the filter_helo() response
>rather than waiting for the next transition in the state machine?

Question still stands...

I was looking at how the CMDMAIL code was handled, and it's:

#if MILTER
                        if (smtp.sm_milterlist && smtp.sm_milterize &&
                            !bitset(EF_DISCARD, e->e_flags))
                        {
                                char state;
                                char *response;

                                response = milter_envfrom(args, e, &state);
                                MILTER_REPLY("from");
                        }
#endif /* MILTER */

And most of the work is done by the MILTER_REPLY() macro.

Looking at CMDHELO, the code is partially duplicated from the
MILTER_REPLY() macro, and partially not.

Was wondering if anyone knew the differences well enough to explain
them...

Thanks,

-Philip