[Mimedefang] Gettingtheerror"Useofuninitializedvalueinconcatenation"

Cormack, Ken ken.cormack at roadway.com
Thu Mar 16 11:08:20 EST 2006

> If you have the previous version of your filter available, I'd be tempted
> do a diff between that and the SPF version and then look in detail at the
> bits which are new - its possible there's a typo or a stray quotation mark
> which is causing chaotic behaviour.  I presume you've run a syntax check
on
> the filter?

> Best Wishes,

> Paul.

Yeah, I had done all of that.  A review of the logs showed at what time/date
the problem started, so I looked from /etc/mail downward, for
date/time-stamps on files at or about that time, and I found the
date/timestamp of the /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre file agreed with when
the log messages started showing up.  Having then remembered activating the
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry, I deactivated it again, and I have
been problem-free for the past 40 minutes.

I don't know what that pluggin is clobbering, but it looks like it's been
isolated to a SpamAssassin issue.  Since I already run a similar GeoIP-based
function, it's functionality was redundant for me anyway.

Ken