[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin Code Quality (was Re: Mimedefang 2.56 and SA 3.1.1 - Idle slaves)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 15 15:36:14 EST 2006

Martin Blapp wrote:

>>    package Mail::SpamAssassin::Dns;
>>    1;
>>    package Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus;

> I see. What is the impact of this ? Return value always true ?

The impact of this is that if you're looking for the definition of
the subroutine Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::leave_helper_run_mode,
you can tear your hair out looking in PerMsgStatus.pm only to discover
that it *actually* lives in Dns.pm.

The impact is unmaintainable code, frustration, and irritation. :-)