[Mimedefang] Where is my "quota exceeded" message?

Roberto Machado racm at centroin.com.br
Mon Mar 13 14:34:53 EST 2006

Hi, All!

I'm trying to implement disk quotas in my system, and I'm having a few
difficulties:

1) first I configured quotas in my filesystem, and I'm  using
procmail, so everything should be straightforward. And actually works,
but when I get bounces, sendmail returns simply:

<user at domain.com>
     (reason: Can't create output)

550 5.0.0 <user at domain.com>... Can't create output

The "quota exceeded" is apparently default, but I can't see it in my
system. Now, the reason for my post: could Mimedefang be interfering
with it? Procmail, when ran manually, gives me the correct output:

cat user | /usr/local/procmail/bin/procmail -Y -d user

/var: write failed, user disk limit reached

2) Particularly, I would like to implement quotas solely within
Mimedefang, but from what I rad, Mimedefang won't allow me to do it
ellegantly. filter_recipient passes the first envelope recipient and
rejects the whole message, while MILTER provides the proper hook to
simply reject a single "rcpt to". It is true that I am a few versions
behind on Mimedefang. Has it been changed? You folks have some idea on
how to implement quotas through Mimedefang, doing the right thing
(i.e,, rejecting the bad recipient in the smtp recipient envelope
message)?

Best regards,

Roberto