[Mimedefang] [OT] Fw: Interesting Phishing Trick

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Mar 9 10:05:15 EST 2006

I ran the rule below through the NightlyMassCheck with a 0 HAM hit and a 0
SPAM hit on those corpuses so the technique might not be very prevalent.

However, this rule does trigger on the technique I sent.  I want to work on
the nested anchor idea as well but in the meantime, I'd like to hear
feedback on this trigger.  It seemed REALLY spammy to me.  Anyone get any
hits with this against their HAM or SPAM corpuses?

#PHISHING TEST
rawbody         KAM_PHISH1      /u style="cursor: pointer"/
describe        KAM_PHISH1      Test for PHISH that changes the cursor
score           KAM_PHISH1      0.01

Regards,
KAM