[Mimedefang] Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Fw: Interesting Phishing Trick

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Mar 9 10:57:50 EST 2006

DFS wrote on 03/08/2006 10:12:51 PM:

> Ooh!  You're onto something!  Allowing only strictly-validated HTML
> would have the same effect as disallowing HTML altogether, but would
> be far easier to justify to the PHBs as a
> security/compliance/standards/pick_your_buzzword issue...

I like it!  Can I place a request to have it added to CanIt?  Perhaps as a
per stream option in Pro?

I am still kicking myself for not starting to block all incoming HTML
messages as a "security/compliance/standards/pick_your_buzzword issue..."
when I first started filtering.  This would be a nice compromise that
should make it past management.

I was told at an IBM/Lotus presentation that it is corporate policy that
all email must be sent as HTML.  Hope they format it correctly.