[Mimedefang] razor2 problems

John Kennedy jk+defang at csuchico.edu
Mon Mar 6 16:34:47 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:18:00PM -0800, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> John Kennedy Jr wrote:
> >   I've got mimedefang-2.56 driving Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0,
> > clamav-0.88,
> > razor-agents-2.77.
> > 	I see no evidence of razor checks added to headers/reports
> > 	I don't see the .log file in ~defang/.razor getting updated (by MD)
>
> Is it possible you just haven't scanned any mail that is in Razor?
> I don't think the MIMEDefang method of calling SpamAssassin would
> result in any evidence of razor checks, or modifications to the
> .log file, unless you hit a spam that was listed in Razor.

  I'm piping them through an older version of MailScanner (another whole
implementation, that I'm hoping to replace) so I can see plenty of
examples where the old one found Razor-entries enough to mention, and
the new one doesn't detect (or log) the same emails.

  I can't say if mimedefang does it or not, not having a success story
to compare it to.