[Mimedefang] Re: Simplified single purpose mimedefang-filter

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 23 19:59:17 EDT 2006

reader at newsguy.com wrote:

>>sub filter_end {
>>    add_recipient('archive-bot@[127.0.0.1]');
>>}
>>1;

> That does look simple but what happens to the rest of
> /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter or do you mean that those four lines is
>  mimedefang-filter

Those four lines are enough.  If the rest of the callbacks are missing,
they are treated as no-ops.

[...]

> And silly me, I thought it was to take dangerous or spammious mail out
> of circulation.

Not really; MIMEDefang was designed for sysadmins who know Perl to
mangle, slice and dice their e-mail with Perl.  It's just a happy
coincidence that SpamAssassin is written in Perl and integrates so
nicely with MIMEDefang.