[Mimedefang] Should I try to do MIMEDefang with Mailscanner forbackup MX

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jun 22 08:28:55 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 19:44, Steve Campbell wrote:

> Final delivery is on the primary. The mailboxes are on the primary. The test for
> the primary being down from the secondary using MD, I would hope, would just be
> a null action and tempfails would be fine. Delivery could then be completed
> normally as if MD wasn't in the flow once the primary is accepting mail again.
> It would just be tempfailed on my server instead of the initial sending server.
>
> I assume that MD can be made to do this (act like it wasn't there and do
> nothing). Without being familiar with Perl and MD, I wouldn't know this yet.

You would have to modify the stock md_check_against_smtp_server
routine.  Normally I believe it would tempfail instead of accepting
if the server for the test is unreachable - which should be
the only time the secondary receives legitimate mail if it is
the same machine as your primary MX.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com