[Mimedefang] Should I try to do MIMEDefang with Mailscanner forbackup MX

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 21 17:54:26 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 08:52 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:

> This is the same as my setup, actually. I have two servers -  one that is
> primary for some domains, the other that is primary for other domains. Each
> server acts as backup MX for the domains that aren't primary MX on that
> particular server. And I do not use MD yet, or spamassassin in a MySQL
> situation.

[...]
> Same again. I would like to just use MIMEDefang to throw away invalid users,
> no matter which server they enter my system on, primary or secondary MX.

Where does final delivery happen?  If it is on your primary MX, then
making the secondary do md_check_against_smtp_server against the
primary will result in tempfails when the primary is down.  If it
is a different machine, both primary and secondary can check against
it but both will tempfail when the machine that knows the users
is down.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com