[Mimedefang] Should I try to do MIMEDefang with Mailscanner forbackup MX

Atanas mimedefang at asd.aplus.net
Wed Jun 21 14:19:54 EDT 2006

Steve Campbell said the following on 6/21/06 5:52 AM:

> Same again. I would like to just use MIMEDefang to throw away invalid
> users, no matter which server they enter my system on, primary or
> secondary MX.

Why don't you just use sendmail to trow them away? As others already
pointed that out, you could provision your primary access database(s) to
the secondary (or make the secondary use the primary's access.db over a
TCP socket) and have sendmail do the rejecting without bothering MIMEDefang.

Doing so with MIMEDefang via md_check_against_smtp_server would impose
additional overhead (especially on high volume servers) and useless log
entries.

Regards,
Atanas