[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.57 is Released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 20 14:13:55 EDT 2006

John Rudd wrote:

> Do we still get to choose which scheduler we want?

Yep.

If you want the old scheduler, you run 2.56.  If you want the new one,
you run 2.57. :-)  So no, there will not be a choice within a given
MD release.

> And, does the old one "pick whichever slave is available for the next
> command", or does it "try to re-use the same slave for the same
> message"?  Because I'd be interested in seeing a scheduler option of
> that latter type.

That won't happen.  The multiplexor doesn't even know which command
corresponds to which message; there's not enough information passed between
the C milter and the multiplexor.

The previous scheduler used to pick the oldest free slave.